Book 2 Post 1

 Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core of Calm, Strength, and Happiness  - Kindle edition by Hanson, Rick, Hanson, Forrest. Health, Fitness &  Dieting Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

In short this book is about resilience. Many of the times we perceive resilience as an important trait needed to persevere through certain difficult times in our lives, but this book focuses on the idea that resilience is needed in everyday life scenarios. 


Naturally we encounter many problems that we can’t avoid such as health issues, stress from work, and family troubles to name a few. Dr. Rick Hanson, the author, uses a healthy mix of positive psychology, mindfulness, and neuroscience to support his points made. The author has all the credentials to back up his work which I find great because many times self help books are filled with unproven blurbs of information.


I chose this book because I used to be a sucker for the self-help genre, but it’s been a while since I’ve picked one up. I think this book is a great opportunity to freshen up on my practice of mindfulness, and the way I handle life stressors. 


The reviews seemed very positive and mentioned the use of real world examples to explain his concepts. More specifically, I enjoy self-help books that back up the information with factual data, so the author incorporating neuroscience into the readings was a key selling factor to me. I think it’s great to always have practical tools in your back-pocket to not only handle life but thrive.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American like me - 2

Job Description

Resilient by Rick Hanson BOOK 2 POST 2